quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tired

I am so tired. I have ZERO energy. I am convinced, or at least hoping now, that my first trimester is not over. Because, if it is over, then I am in my second trimester and I am NOT getting the energy and generally “feel-goodness” that every previously pregnant woman has told me about. Please tell me it’s coming soon. I cannot live like this. I am working full time but also taking two classes. I am taking Anatomy and Physiology I with a lab and a communications course. The communication course is online and I can deal with it, but A&P I is seriously kicking my butt. I know this is only the beginning as I am going back to school to become an RN but the pregnancy part of the equation is making everything seem harder than it really is. I tidyed up the house a little bit last night (as in I put the dishes in the sick into the dishwasher and picked up trash and dirty clothes around the house) and you would have thought I had just run 5 miles! I was exhausted! My house is an embarrassment right now, but I really don’t have the energy to do anything about it, so I am trying to get over it. Here are some new pics from my 11th and 12th weeks....(I've only gained 2 pounds, but my belly is definitely protruding.)


11 weeks
12 weeks


I’m too tired to write anything else! OH, and one more thing, I am certain that no one understands what it means to truly be tired until they are pregnant! Trust me, you have no idea! (If you know what’s good for you, you won’t argue with a pregnant woman. J )

3 comments:

  1. Cute pics!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story about being pregnant with Diabetes! I'm hoping to be there in the near future...and really appreciate you sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay! You are right we DO have a lot in common. And I'll add 2 more things: I'm also 28 (just forgot to update my profile in May after my bday) and I'm a nurse practitioner and I see that you are in nursing school! So if you ever have any questions about that, or anything else, feel free to ask!

    As far as the exhaustion, I also had it BAD. I couldn't make it through the day without a nap from weeks 10-15. Seriously I could barely keep my eyes open at times. It's gotten better since then but I'm still an early bird and I still get tired pretty quick! (I'll be 20 weeks this Friday.)

    Congrats on the beginning of your belly! Mine also started around week 12 and it REALLY popped at week 16 or so. I actually lost 5 lbs my first trimester and have just gained it back . . . plus 3lbs . . . all in my belly! ;-)

    Good luck with everything! Look forward to reading more!

    ~Layne

    ReplyDelete