quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Monday, August 9, 2010

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,

I have been thinking about you for a long time. I thought for a while in my life, that I didn’t really need to have a child to be happy, but I know I was mostly talking myself out of it because I knew how hard it would be. Now, knowing you are inside my little belly, blows my mind. I can’t believe how quickly you came into our lives once we decided to give it a try. I woke up June 29th, and I just felt like you might be there. I took the test and waited with your daddy while the test did it’s thing. Your daddy was actually the first to see the test, as he ran past me to the bathroom so he could see it first. He looked over at me as I walked in and with a big grin on his face said, “You’re Pregnant!”
This is the actual first positive test. We took one more later that day. 

I am beyond thrilled but also scared. I am doing everything I can to protect you and take care of you while you are living in my belly. It’s only the beginning but it’s already hard. The regular pregnancy stuff like hormones and nausea, make it much harder for your diabetic mommy.

I’ve had two doctors appointments so far and everything looks good. I got to peek in on you at 7 weeks (I think you still had a tail at that point) and hear your heart beat for the first time (142 beats a minute). You looked and sounded good. And today, at 9 weeks, 4 days I had my second appointment. Everything still looks good and I got to hear your heartbeat again, this time the heart rate was in the 160s! So relieved to hear that sound!

My pants started to get a little tight last week and I’ve been wearing a belly band to give you plenty of room to spread out. I can’t wait until you make yourself more pronuounced with an official bump! You aren’t due until March, which seems light years away, but I know it will go by so fast. I am trying to cherish every minute, without worrying every minute, and I am doing the best I can.

I am doing, and will do, everything I can to protect you. You are so wanted and so loved by your daddy and I. We can’t wait to meet you! We love you!

Love,

Your Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Ryan and I are so happy for you!! You are all in our prayers constantly :)
    Love you,
    Allyson+Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, lindsay, i am crying at work, not tearing up but officially crying at work over this one. i am so overjoyed for you, with you and i love you and jesse and I are praying for you, betus and cary constantly. hugs and kisses besty.

    ReplyDelete