quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Trimester Fun

I’m sick of crying uncontrollably. I have NEVER been what you would call a “crier.” I mean don’t get me wrong, I cry at really sad movies and songs, but I’ve never been this emotional. These days I can cry at the drop of a hat. I can’t listen to country music for more than 10 minutes without sobbing uncontrollably. I cry multiple times every Sunday at church. I even cried when Cary and I were teaching preschool Sunday school the other day and it was nothing to cry over. We were in children’s chapel and one of the little girls saw her daddy and jumped up and kept waving at him and saying “that’s my daddy” and smiling so big, it made me melt…..and cry. I knew pregnancy was supposed to cause all these emotions but I was thinking these emotions happened to “other people.” Not me.


I’m also very sensitive. NOT LIKE ME. I am one who appreciates sarcasm, I love it in fact. But, lately, I am overly sensitive to even joking remarks. I can’t handle it. The baby has apparently found my sarcasm button and turned it to off.

Something else I just discovered is there seems to be some controversy over what is really the end of your first trimester. I have been using the pregnancy calendar via “justmommies.com” and it has stated that the end of your first trimester is the 12 week mark. Now, I find out from another site that they use the 14th week as the end of the first trimester. I guess if you divide the 40 weeks of pregnancy by 3, you would get 13.3, so that would technically be the end of the first trimester. Not sure which my doctor uses. Oh well, for now I’m sticking with my pregnancy calendar which means the first trimester is over Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way, and man does pregnancy wreak havoc with my emotions. It gets a bit better in the second trimester (or it did for me), but by the third it's back to crazy-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! Who came up with all these different trimesters? Pregnancy is difficult enough without having to do math. I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsay

    ("Musie" is Aunt Marsha. It's what some of the family called my mother.)


    I slept through mine, and cried when I wasn't sleeping, but once I accepted the "new me," I could laugh about it.

    Just go with the flow, and don't forget to Enjoy Your Pregnancy!

    Thanks for the blog and for sharing your pregnancy with us. We are all SOooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I am around the same stage as you (nearing the end of my 1st trimester, dpeending on who you ask!). Will be glad to have another T1 to go through this with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can attest to this...you are not emotional, normally. but I am loving this side of you because it's so atypical. wish i could see it in person ! :)

    ReplyDelete