quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Perfection

I read a blog post from a blog I usually read everyday, and it really struck a cord with me. So in honor of that, I am going to take a second to be “real”. The post that I read was actually inspired by another post. (See links at end of post if interested.) These posts are about perfection and how we all try to look like we always have it all together. So, I realize that my blog is really positive and I try to be funny and share all the positive things in my life. But today, I am going to let you know that I don’t have it all together. I try really, really hard, but sometimes (or a lot of the time) I just don’t measure up. I have a lot going on with a full time job, taking classes, house work, pregnancy, and not to mention the Big D. When others ask how I’m doing I say fine or great, but sometimes I’m not. Sometimes I am overwhelmed. Sometimes I am scared. Sometimes I am uncertain. But I know it’s normal to feel this way and I shouldn’t feel bad about it and no one else should either.



When you ask how someone is doing, really listen to the answer. That standard answer of “fine” probably means “Well, you probably don’t want to know how I’m really doing, so I’ll just say fine.” We should all be an ear to someone else who may not be “fine.”


Starting my own blog and reading others blogs has made me feel much more normal. We all struggle with the same things, we aren’t perfect and we try really hard to make others think we are. Even if I do everything “right” with my diabetes, crap still ensues. Cannulas bend, stress crops up, and well, life just generally happens. Knowing other people are going through the same crap makes me feel better. I think it will make you feel better too. :)






Link to original post: The disease called "Perfection"






Link to post inspired by original post: Using the F-word



**Note: sorry for my overuse of the word "post" :)

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until Mommyhood... nothing proves your imperfection like being a parent. I had all these spectacular ideas of what a great Mom I'd be, but I fall short of my expectations every day. And I'm learning to be okay with it. I love being a Mom, but it is THE hardest thing I have ever done. And the absolute best at the same time.

    Thanks for the link-up, btw!

    ReplyDelete