quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Results

I got my results back from the A&P I Lecture test and Lab test I took last Thursday. I’m happy to say I did pretty well. I got a 92 on the lecture test and a 91 on the lab test. I also got the 10 point extra credit (drawing of an animal cell with 10 organelles and their functions). So, I’m doing pretty well in the class, thank goodness. Only problem is I haven’t looked at anything A&P related since studying for my test. Oops! As I was looking for my backpack this morning, I found it still in my car (where it had been since my test).


It seems I always do this, I feel like I’ve earned a break after an exam, which is stupid. I still have the rest of the semester to go and had a chapter to read before the class I had this morning. Maybe one day I’ll learn that the class does indeed continue even after an exam. Oh well, hoping to get back on track this week. But, getting back on track this week will be difficult because all the new fall episodes of my favorite shows are starting back up, GEEZ! Hopefully I can exhibit some sort of self control. That’s what the DVR is for. :)

I’ve also been very tired this week. I didn’t rest enough this weekend. We went out for my birthday on Friday night with friends. We had dinner at Olive Garden (never-ending pasta bowl, breadsticks, and salad, YUM! ) and my blood sugars actually behaved, what a nice birthday present! We then went to the bowling alley where we bowled and did a little karaoke. The karaoke was “sad”. By “sad” I mean, lights on, a scattering of drunk older people, slow depressing song choices and monotone singing. Cary sang “Sweet Caroline” and I sang “Sweet Home Alabama.” We had a good time, but next time we will be going to Karaoke bar instead of the bowling alley to do karaoke. Lesson learned. We ended up getting home at about midnight and I didn’t fall asleep until about 2:00am. I can’t remember the last time I stayed up that late. This messed me up for the rest of the weekend. We had to get up early on Sunday morning because it is our week to teach Sunday school. I did take a little nap on Sunday but it wasn’t enough to recover. I’m a little less tired today, but I have to work on Saturday so the only day I have off is Sunday, blah!

On the diabetes front, my blood sugars have been creeping up on me. I’m not sure if it’s just a bad pump site or if the insulin resistance of the 2nd trimester is beginning. Hopefully it’s just the pump site because my numbers have been higher since I changed it on Sunday and it seems like I’ve had a much larger appetite this week. It’s time to change the pump site again tonight, hopefully better blood sugar results will follow.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO proud of your test results. You are so dedicated to school and so smart. You'll be a great nurse :)

    I am SO JEALOUS that you had so much fun on your birthday. I was with you in spirit. Glad you got to have a good time. sorry it took all weekend (and a couple days) to recover. that's the worst.

    I am quite excited about fall shows, too. What do you watch these days? I"m watching Vampire Diaries (cheesy I know)!

    ReplyDelete