quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Diabetes Meme

A Diabetes Meme, courtesy of Kerri at six until me

What type of diabetes do you have: Type 1


When were you diagnosed: November 15, 1999


What's your current blood sugar: I just had an awful low, started at 61, dropped to 40 and now I’m on my way back up. That sucked.


What kind of meter do you use: One Touch UltraMini


How many times a day do you test your blood sugar: 10-12


What's a "high" number for you: Anything over 140 mg/dl.


What's do you consider "low": Anything under 65 mg/dl.


What's your favorite low blood sugar reaction treater: I mostly use juice boxes (the size for toddlers, 15 carbs) or Smarties. I hate Smarties. My favorite treater would be orange juice.


Describe your dream endo: Non-judgmental, helpful and Diabetic.


What's your biggest diabetes achievement: Getting pregnant.


What's your biggest diabetes-related fear: Not being able to treat a low BS reaction in time.


Who's on your support team: My husband, parents, and close friends.


Do you think there will be a cure in your lifetime: Honestly, no I don’t. I have always heard “in the next 5-10 years” for too many years now.


What is a "cure" to you: To have my body produce insulin again.


The most annoying thing people say to you about your diabetes is: "You don’t’ look like you have Diabetes." (What am I supposed to look like?)


What is the most common misconception about diabetes: That my type 1 diabetes can be controlled with diet and exercise. I hate that misconception. As if I'm on insulin because I didn't work hard enough or something. Or as if a healthy diet and regular exercise are only recommended for diabetics. (Taken from Kerri at sixuntilme.com, I completely agree!!!)


If you could say one thing to your pancreas, what would it be: "Why did you decide to stop producing insulin?”

No comments:

Post a Comment