quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Friday, January 21, 2011

Update about my update

I had an NST and doctor's appointment yesterday. Everything is fine. I have decreased my basal rates to .60 at night and .65 during the day, how crazy is that?! I also decreased my Insulin to Carb ratios to 1:8 in the mornings and 1:9 the rest of the day. I also had to decrease my correction factor.

It still makes me nervous that my insulin needs decreased so dramatically this week. Everything I read talks about how not to freak out when your insulin needs continue to increase and can even triple. I was prepared for that! My insulin needs are less than they have been for the past 4 months! This freaks me out but they are monitoring me very closely and the baby's movements haven't decreased so I guess everything is fine. Just makes me nervous.

3 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that everything is okay with you and the baby. Diabetes and pregnancy is weird sometimes. I myself am 27 weeks pregnant and type 1. I often experience a couple days of higher resistance, and then a week or so of lower resistance. This has been particularly tricky to deal with. Whenever I start seeing more lows I too start to freak out a little bit. It's hard not to when you're told that placental failure can happen.....then they follow it up with 'well every diabetic is different'.....not really that reassuring, but as long as monkey is moving around then i'm not so worried.
    can't believe you are getting so close. love reading your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're nervous about the insulin - I'm sure it must feel srange when you were prepared for the alternative. I guess you just have to trust that your docs know what is right and it sounds like you're getting really good care so that is great.

    Hope you can relax a little this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, I just read this post and went to comment on it, but there as already a comment from Annie, so I thought, my goodness, I guess I did know this Lindsay girl after all if I've already commented on her post (it sounded like something I would have said!) but it turns out it's not me- another type 1 going through her first pregnancy. I guess getting diabetes before the internet was around has kept me in the dark about all the connections I could have been making all these years! Anyway, about the post- I started worrying about that at the end, too I went from tripling all my doses to suddenly being low again like it was in the beginning.. why does no one prepare you for this stuff? It worried me too, but I guess everything turned out alright for us both!

    ReplyDelete