quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Tuesday, January 25, 2011

33 weeks and 5 days

Today I had my 7th NST and 4th BPP, but who's counting? :) This is my 4th week having doctor's visits twice a week. As much as I complain about having to constantly be at the OB office, I have to say it is nice they are monitoring me so closely. It's nice to know that everything is OK and to keep getting good reports every few days. I just wish they would give me some kind of preferred parking and a pass to the front of the line (like at a theme park) since I am there so often. I think I at least deserve that since I have been such a steller patient. :)

Today baby boy was very active for the NST. He was all over the place and I even had a pretty powerful Braxton Hicks contraction while on the monitor. The doctor said my NST looked great. By the time I had my BPP, baby boy had gone to sleep. The tech nudged him gently and he happily performed with a few kicks. When she woke him up, he got the hiccups, but he was back to sleep within a few mintues. He wouldn't show his face at all today so I didn't receive any pictures for the first time in over a month. They measure him every month so today I got to find out how big he is. He is 5 lbs, 3 oz and is in the 56th percentile. Last time he was in the 72nd percentile, so it was nice to find out he is not getting GIGANTOR.

I've gained 24 lbs total and I am pretty pleased with that. It's weird seeing that number continue to climb but it really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. My blood pressure has stayed low throughout the pregnancy so no signs so far that I may develop preeclampsia.  They continue to monitor to my urine for sugars and it is always negative.

As for the bathroom remodel update, we now have a toilet installed! Woo hoo! Cary got it installed before we went to bed last night. It was awesome to not have to go downstairs to use the restroom in the middle of the night. :) He is making good progress and I will post some pictures soon.

Our nursery is stil not finished but at least our furniture is put together. Our WONDERFUL friends from our small group came over and helped Cary assemble it all. The nursery is right next to the bathroom that is being remodeled so the overflow mess is all over the baby's room. Still hoping we can get everything finished before baby arrives. Fingers crossed he keeps baking until my due date and the remodel continues to go smoothly! :)

1 comment:

  1. Super exciting! Thinking of you both in this crazy time and wish we could be closer to share and help in this experience. :) Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete