quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Thursday, January 13, 2011

32 Weeks

Today I am 32 weeks pregnant. WOW?! Only 8 weeks to go, so crazy! This is the second week of biweekly OB trips. I am already sick of it. I have an NST and a BPP every Tuesday and then on Fridays I have an NST and see the doctor. I’ve had 3 NSTs and 2 BPPs and I go to the doctor again tomorrow. I can at least say the NSTs haven’t been as bad as the first one. I’ve had a different girl perform the test every time and I have concluded that the first girl didn’t really know what she was doing. The other two girls have been much better (more friendly and comforting).



The tests have been the same each time, once I get hooked up to the machine, the baby goes to sleep. (Maybe hearing that loud heartbeat sound puts him to sleep? Who knows?) They always leave me for the first time, come back to check on me and he hasn’t moved at all. He then gets “buzzed” by this loud buzzer to wake him up. I think next time I will just ask them to buzz him before they leave me the first time, just to save some time. :)

 I think I have discovered when he really likes to move, it’s when my bladder is completely full. I guess it encroaches on his space and he starts kicking it to try to get more room. I had to go to the bathroom so bad for those last few minutes of the NST but he was moving so well, there was no way I was going to interrupt. I was thrilled to have him move when he was supposed to. He was also active for the BPP afterwards and I even got to see his eye completely open. It was kind of creepy looking but also very cool. Oh, and I don’t think I mentioned it before but on an ultrasound a few weeks ago, they showed us his boy parts again and while they were focused there, he peed! It may seem kind of weird, but Cary and I thought it was very cool. It was so crazy. You could see the little stream.

 I am getting bigger and bigger and my weight gain is right about 20 pounds. Everything seems to be harder to do with all this extra weight and I am getting much more tired again. When I get really tired, I find I am starting to get that pregnant woman’s waddle. I feel like a penguin.


My diabetes has been pretty good. (It seems like every time I say this, it starts acting up, but oh well.) My insulin needs have slowly been increasing and I am currently taking a little over 50 units of Humalog a day. My highest basal rate is .85, which I use for most of the day but then I am still dropping it to .75 at night and still getting some lows on some nights. My insulin to carb ratios are 1:6 in the mornings and 1:7 the rest of the day. I am changing my pump site every two days and that has definitely helped with my numbers. I was having to correct way too much on the third day if I tried to wait 3 days between pump changes. It is a pain because it seems I am always changing it, but also nice not to see those higher numbers.

 I am very excited about this little boy but I hope he stays put for the full 40 weeks because our house is nowhere near ready for him. The bathroom is still a work in progress (more on that later). We did finally order the baby furniture (a crib, mattress, and dresser) but it is still in boxes in the dining room. I have been having those Braxton Hicks contractions like crazy which make me pretty nervous when I get a particularly powerful one, but hopefully then don’t turn into real contractions or early labor! 8 months pregnant today and hopefully 2 more to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment