quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Monday, December 6, 2010

Tis the season for cards...

Christmas cards are one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. Photocards have always been my favorite kind of Christmas card to send and receive. I love seeing everyone in the pictures, especially the little ones as they get bigger, and the cards themselves just seem to be so much prettier than store-bought cards. There are so many relatives and friends who live far away and who we never get to see and photocards are a great way to make the standard Christmas card seem more special and fun. I have been wanting to do one this year, but with the new baby coming, I was thinking we really need to save money where we can, so I thought about not doing them at all.

Then I got a very pleasant surprise!!! I read in another blog about a promotion that Shutterfly is running. If you blog about your Shutterfly Christmas cards, then you get 50 Christmas cards for free! YAY!!! I am so excited about this! I’ve used Shutterfly in the past, and it has always been super easy to use and the products are always beautiful and professional.

Designing stuff on Shutterfly is so easy to do. You don’t have to be creative or good at graphic design because they handle everything for you. They make it look like you are creative and all “artsy fartsy” but really you are just following the simple steps to design the card. I’ve created Shutterfly calendars and holiday cards in the past, and they always come out looking great.

And the best part is it's super cheap and they always have a bunch of deals going! For instance, right now you get free shipping for spending over $30 (which is easily 2-3 Christmas present worth of stuff) and 20-30% off of almost all of their products. You can find 200 personalized, printed Christmas cards with photos for less than $1 per card and another 600 designer cards that are around $1.50 per card!! Meanwhile you can also spend $3-4 per card (or more) in Hallmark for the mass-produced Christmas cards. That is just ridiculous!

These are my favorites: 






Can’t wait to get started on my cards, I’m running a little behind, but hopefully I will get them out soon! J

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your Christmas Card!!!

    I think Beth uses Shutterfly, too. And, I know I have a password for there. If you'd like, maybe it's possible we could just download a copy from there (and save on postage). I don't know much about this "techie" stuff, so I'm not sure it could be done. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are hopping on board with this deal! I've already ordered my (FREE!!) Christmas cards and they should be here any day now! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete