quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Craziness

So, I am now in my 3rd trimester and I will in fact be 29 weeks pregnant tomorrow! (I can’t believe I’m almost to the 30s!) I feel like our house is a complete disaster, maybe because it is?! Actually, I guess it’s not that bad, but it feels worse than it is, maybe because I’m so pregnant and hormonal?


Cary has started to tackle the awful upstairs bathroom and we have to have it done before the baby comes. He has been demolishing the awful “cave shower” and pink and purple tile for a few weeks now. It is something he has been working very hard on, but, like all household projects, always takes longer than you think. I told him we need to set a goal for finishing it and he said “end of January.” Let’s hope so because we can’t move on to the other projects that need to be completed before the baby comes.

We have an awful backroom that was added to our 1920s house sometime, I would guess, in the 70s? It’s got all sorts of issues, but the main one is it is FREEZING! I swear there isn’t any insulation in this room at all and it’s right off the kitchen so the kitchen is also always very cold. The problem is, we need to move Cary’s office back there but we can’t move his office back there until the core temp of the room is above 30 degrees.

Once the backroom is finished we can move his office out of the bedroom downstairs and make that our guestroom. Our current guestroom is upstairs with our bedroom and needs to become the baby’s room. So we can’t get moving on the baby’s room until we get the GIANT bed out of the guest room and moved to the downstairs room which is currently Cary’s office. See how all these projects depend on the one before getting done? See why I’m going crazy!?

In the meantime, I am taking a 75 hour nursing course. It’s a Certified Nursing Assistant Course offered through the American Red Cross. It is a requirement before I can apply to the nursing program (of which the deadline is May 20). I am taking one portion online and must complete it before the beginning of January to be able to take the classroom portion. So, this is what I have been doing in the mornings before work and in the evenings after work. Fun, fun!

Oh yeah, and did you know Christmas is on Saturday? So there’s all that craziness too. So, we have a lot to get done before this baby comes! I hope he stays put for the full 40 weeks. Oh and if you read this and we talk on a regular basis, please don’t ask me how the nursery is coming along…this question really makes me want to scream. :)


1 comment:

  1. Lindsey! I totally meant to write you back about Facebook. I am on it. Feel free to email me how to find you and I'll friend you. :-) LayneNP@yahoo.com

    And good luck with the house reno's. I KNOW it sucks but you will come out the other side and you'll be so happy you did it! Hope you had a great Christmas and everything is going great!

    ReplyDelete