quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Back on Track

So remember when I took that Anatomy test and didn’t get my backpack out of the car? Well, I have been slacking ever since then. I have gotten my backpack out of the car when not going to class, but I got so overwhelmed by my lack of keeping up with the class, I just continued to play the avoidance game. As the chapters piled up and I went to class every Tuesday and Thursday, I just got more and more overwhelmed and I couldn’t bring myself to start the process, mostly because I was already so far behind.

 
Well, I finally MADE myself get it together this week. I have gotten up between 7 and 7:30am every day this week to read and study. It sucks, but I feel a lot less overwhelmed. At least I’ve started. Our teacher provides us with study guides for each chapter, so I’ve done a study guide every day. I’ve done chapters 5, 6, and 7. I still have 8, 9, 10 and 11 to go. I had class this morning and we just got our Chapter 10 study guide today, so I am really not that far behind. It’s just so much info: Chapter 5-Integumentary system, Chapter 6-The Skeletal System: Bone Tissue, Chapter 7-The Skeletal System: The Axial Skeleton, Chapter 8-The Skeletal System: The Appendicular Skeleton, Chapter 9-Joints, Chapter 10-Muscular Tissue, and Chapter 11-The Muscular System. These are all the chapters on my next test! Not to mention the separate lab work. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I like learning this stuff and I find it very interesting, but I just don’t have enough time to get all this information in my brain.

 
I’m not freaking out as much as I did about the last test. I need to remain calm and not so stressed, not only for me but for this baby. I keep reminding myself, I can do this and if I don’t get everything, IT IS OK. The world will go on. Even if I don’t get an “A”, I’m sure I won’t fail (I just really, really like those “A’s”.). I have to give myself a break. At least I’m getting back on track.


I will post again later with week 18 updates. :)

1 comment:

  1. You always have been a perfectionist and that suits you well...but not anymore, sis. You are right: you are smart and with your best effort, even if it's not an A, it certainly will be well above just passing. You are very capable and intelligent. Your already learning the joys of time management and prioritizing that I hear comes with children ;) so proud of you. love you.

    ReplyDelete