quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Thursday, September 16, 2010

It’s been a while

I have been trying to post at least twice a week, but I haven’t posted since last Thursday. I had my first Anatomy and Physiology lecture and lab tests today. I have been studying continuously since this past weekend until I took my first test at 7:45am this morning. I’m glad these tests are over. I was so completely stressed out about these tests, it was ridiculous. I guess it’s been way too long since I had to take a test. I’ve never been so nervous to take a test. I think I did pretty well. I know I did better on the lecture test than the lab test, mainly because the lecture test was scantron (ie. Multiple choice) and the lab test was completely fill in the blank, answer/question (terrifying). So glad it’s over.
On the pregnancy front, I am 15 weeks today! I am feeling better overall, not so tired. I even did laundry for the first time since I’ve been pregnant. Boy was Cary happy. J I’m tired right now, but I’m sure it’s because I couldn’t go to sleep last night thinking of things like the cell model, skin model and tissues…etc, etc, etc. I got some good sleep from about 2:30-6am, that was it.
Our house is a disaster right now, well the upstairs anyway. We live in a house that was built in 1920, which means we have plaster walls. The plaster started to peel on our bedroom wall. Cary scraped it, sanded it and patched it. Now, the whole room needs to be painted. The other bedroom upstairs is a “lovely” shade of dark green with a teddy bear border across the middle of the wall (Yes, it’s as pretty as it sounds.) Cary has now removed the border. (It only took us 4 years to tackle this project.) This room also needs to painted. Cary began to paint on Saturday but the paint sprayer kept getting clogged and now both rooms have some white paint on the walls, furniture covered with tarps, and furniture moved to the hallway. I hate living in a chaotic mess. Hopefully something will get finished soon.
Here is my 15 week belly picture:



Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 29! When I say “I’m going to be 29” it reminds me of people who are definitely over the age of 29 but continue to say they are turning 29 every year. I promise this is not the case. I was born in 1981, so you do the math. Next year I will not only be 30, but I will also be a MOTHER…wow, how about that for a double dose of OLD. J  

4 comments:

  1. Don't sweat the test, I bet you did great! A&P was my favorite . . But I still don't miss school! ;-) I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I remember that 15 weeks was also a turning point for me and I started to get some of my energy back.

    I'm jealous that you are being so productive on your house. We have a ton of stuff we'd love to do before the baby comes and we just can't seem to get on the ball.

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And you ARE NOT old. And you have to PROMISE to tell me that when I turn 29 in 8 months!

    ~Layne

    PS: Also, had to say that I just realized a couple more things we have in common: you're in nursing school and I'm a nurse practitioner and your husband is in law school and my husband is a lawyer. Bizarre, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay! Happy Birthday - what an exciting year ahead! Glad you're starting to feel better, I'm hoping that will happen for me in the next week or so.

    I wanted to answer your questions that you left on my blog -- we go for our anatomy scan on Oct. 7th, but we're not going to find out the sex (as long as I can hold out!). I've actually had three ultrasounds already, but the first two were really to verify that everything was going OK because on the first one, they couldn't see the baby (it turned out I was a couple weeks earlier than we thought). Ultrasounds are the best--I love them!

    Your belly is looking good! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Lndsay, I just read in your profile that you two moved to Louisville so that he could go to law school. I should have done the math and figured out that he would have graduated by now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad youre starting to feel better. really am. hated that for you. and also miss you tons ;) that is all.

    ReplyDelete