quote


"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you

meet is fighting some kind of battle."





Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seeing Signs

I think I may have been on my dexcom (continuous glucose monitor) too long. But actually I have only been on it for about 3 months. Now when I see street signs, especially interstate signs with arrows underneath, I think of my CGM. 

You see, the CGM shows a graph and on the upper right hand corner a number with an arrow underneath. The arrows tell you how fast you are dropping or rising. 

Not only do I think of my CGM when I see these signs, I also think about the corresponding feeling associated with that number and arrow. For example, when I see an Interstate 65 sign (which is the sign I most often see in Louisville, KY) with a down arrow, I think yowsers, that is going to be a really crappy low and I better get some juice fast! I think being pregnant has made me look at this thing about every 5-10 minutes, it’s making me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment